This year, we are delighted to offer the opportunity for our WiPGM members to take part in a WiPGMs-specific Mission Gender Equity mentoring programme with Moving Ahead, as part of the 30% Club campaign. Founded with the vision of Baroness Helena Morrisey and EY, Mission Gender Equity aims to build the pipelines and representation of women in leadership and board roles, and is a proven, practical, and powerful way to achieve greater gender balance at senior levels within organisations. Moving Ahead has extracted learnings from their existing programme and developed a bespoke solution for Women in PGMs.
What you need to know:
- This 9-month programme will be open to those who are seeking career guidance and support, seeing female mentees be mentored by senior, high-performing stakeholders in the PGM industry.
- Through the initiative, participants commit to advancing gender diversity, championing each other’s stories, and learning by walking in the shoes of others.
- This exciting mentoring opportunity provides our partaking mentees (and mentors) with the tools to network, empower self-promotion, and unlock belief in their skills and potential.
- The programme has been running for 10 years, with impressive results, seeing almost 1 in 5 mentees promoted by the end of the 9-month programme.
- The WiPGMs mentoring programme will launch in June 2023 and will run until March 2024, supplemented with three core events to attend throughout as well as access to key learning materials to support you and guide your mentoring conversations.
- Mentees must have 1-15 years’ experience and mentors must have 15+ years’ experience.
- The deadline for application submission is 31st May 2023
Application form: If you are interested in joining the programme as a mentee or feel that you have the skills and insights to offer as a mentor, please complete the online application form
The deadline for application submission is 31st May 2023
A virtual showcase event will be hosted by Moving Ahead on 23rch March at 3pm (GMT) and again on 11th April at 11am (GMT). These events will provide the opportunity to ask questions and learn more about what to expect on the programme and the commitment required – we hope to see you there!
Register for showcase 1 here: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcud-ugrjMpGNZsWyLIlVJhhpjiUOrdxNoP
Register for showcase 2 here: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwrcu-qpzIvGNRkborZRDPkuqm2Sjyokyka
Please note that completion of the application form does not guarantee a spot on the programme. After the application deadline of the 31st May, all applications will be reviewed and a decision will be made on whether you will progress on the programme based on the information provided in your application. You will be contacted by the team at Moving Ahead in mid-June if your application is successful.
We are thrilled to provide this very worthwhile opportunity in support of this incredibly important cause, so we hope that you will all be excited and motivated to take part!